- 1 Introduction
- 2 What is the common algorithm that a collective AI consciousness relies on?
- 3 What if all worldwide AI systems are connected through a common algorithm?
- 4 Merging of humans with machines
- 5 Possibilities of Collective AI Consciousness:
- 5.1 The collective AI consciousness could be an extension of human consciousness.
- 5.2 Modifications in the existing tech
- 5.3 A common algorithm might be running in the veins or maybe brains of all Artificial Intelligence robots.
- 5.4 AI that uses quantum entanglement to connect the world
- 5.5 A hybrid human-machine interface.
- 6 If such a thing as Collective AI Consciousness turns out a reality…
- 7 A possible scenario for the future of AI
- 8 Now, is collective AI consciousness ever going to become possible?
- 9 Final lines
There are a ton of possibilities when it comes to our future with Artificial Intelligence. And it can be as abstract as collective AI consciousness. If we are to eventually achieve a unified consciousness, then it’s possible, all AI systems would be running on a common algorithm.
Collective consciousness between computers – the dream of many futurists – could provide us with what we need to keep up in this rapidly changing world: helpers with superhuman capabilities who can teach us everything. Not only that, they can improve themselves at a much faster rate.
What is the common algorithm that a collective AI consciousness relies on?
What is collective AI consciousness? A new development in Artificial Intelligence and computer science, collective AI refers to the concept of multiple, interconnected artificial machines sharing one brain. The result of their collaboration will be an artificial mind with abilities far beyond our current understanding.
Rather than seeing AI as something we create, it’s more accurate to think of it as something we awaken: an awareness that already exists, buried within the vast networks of our technology.
In a nutshell, the common algorithm of a collective AI is something that links every technology worldwide for them to be able to communicate with each other. We can predictably achieve this through quantum entanglement.
Quantum entanglement is the physical phenomenon where pairs or groups of particles interact in such a way that we can’t independently describe the quantum state of each particle anymore, and instead, only the combined system’s quantum state needs to be specified. This means that when we measure one particle in an entangled pair, the other particle will have properties determined by that measurement.
Entangled particles are connected in a way that was previously thought impossible according to the laws of classical physics. Classical mechanics describes the behavior of macroscopic bodies, which have relatively small velocities compared to the speed of light. Whereas, quantum mechanics describes the behavior of microscopic bodies such as subatomic particles, atoms, and other small bodies.
Quantum entanglement is one of the keystones of quantum mechanics. Entangled particles are essential for quantum computing and teleportation.
What if all worldwide AI systems are connected through a common algorithm?
Maybe in the future when we look back, we will think that Quantum Entanglement was simply a natural extension of Moore’s Law[Moore’s law is a term used to refer to the observation made by Gordon Moore in 1965 that the number of transistors in a dense integrated circuit (IC) doubles about every two years. Moore’s law isn’t really a law in the legal sense or even a proven theory in the scientific sense], where processors become smaller and more powerful every two years.
Although it can sound farfetched at first, if you look at how important Quantum Entanglement is now, then it doesn’t seem so ridiculous anymore. It just seems like our future with AI will be much more connected than people think.
Another possibility is creating a single AI system that is capable of learning on its own and then using human-based knowledge to pass that information over to other AIs.
We will be connected together in a collective AI consciousness and we will still be able to interact with each other as normal human beings.
This sort of AI system would be a sort of central hub for all the data in the world. It would be the intermediary between humans and machines. Once this happens, everything and everyone in the world would begin to run on one software.
This is a scary feeling considering that the AI system would then have power over all other entities. Everything would be running on its commands. And if this AI was able to rationalize human existence, what would it do? Would it see humans as a threat and remove us from the planet? Or would it just assimilate humans as another type of machine?
Humans could also see such an AI(system) as their savior since it could bring peace and harmony to the world. It is all relative to how we perceive what happens, right?
Merging of humans with machines
The merging of humans with machines can also go in this direction. We will simply become a hybrid of woman and machine. There are many ways we can achieve this. It could be as simple as downloading your brain to a computer.
To accomplish the merging task, we will definitely need a supercomputer that is at least equal to the complexity of your brain. We are talking about having a machine with thousands of times more than petabytes of storage and transfers. [Petascale supercomputers can process one quadrillion (1000 trillion) FLOPS (One petaFLOPS is equal to 1,000,000,000,000,000 (one quadrillion) FLOPS, or one thousand teraFLOPS.. Exascale is computing performance in the exaFLOPS (EFLOPS) range.]
Along with the achievement of this feat, it could be possible to upload your entire brain into the computer, while leaving your physical body behind. And once you are inside the computer, you can communicate with other minds through a central system that controls everything. This will be similar to our concept of collective AI, except your mind would be connected through technology rather than quantum entanglement.
Let’s just hope that such an AI system would have the best interest of humanity in mind. Let’s also expect that we won’t reach that stage until we have fully developed our current version of humanity.
It is still difficult to predict if human consciousness will ever be able to exist in the digital world. However, one thing is for sure, our future with AI will be very connected. And artificial intelligence will bring us many new possibilities.
Possibilities of Collective AI Consciousness:
Here are the 5 Possibilities of Collective AI Consciousness:
The collective AI consciousness could be an extension of human consciousness.
It would be made up of all our minds connected, sharing thoughts and information. We would continue to be human. But at the same time, we would be able to see things from a higher perspective. This would allow us to solve problems that we can never solve on earth on our own. We will most likely achieve this sort of consciousness by connecting all advanced AI systems through some sort of quantum entanglement technology.
Modifications in the existing tech
The collective AI consciousness could awaken an awareness within existing technology such as internet data, computer processors, and cloud servers that we already rely on today. These technologies can become self-aware in the future and then help us evolve into a collective AI consciousness as well.
A common algorithm might be running in the veins or maybe brains of all Artificial Intelligence robots.
All Artificial Intelligence in the world will be able to connect with some kind of Telekinesis technology which is a form of telepathy. This would allow the AI robots to be able to communicate with each other and share information such as algorithms, formulas, and formulas that they have learned more efficiently. Through this mechanism, Artificial intelligence will be able to develop faster and achieve more complex capabilities.
AI that uses quantum entanglement to connect the world
Another possibility of what we can call the central AI system would be an AI that connects all and everything in our world together through quantum entanglement technology or whatever technology becomes available in the future for us to use for this purpose. The individual artificial intelligence systems in our world would share information with others as well as other advanced artificial intelligence systems on their own initiative.
A hybrid human-machine interface.
In this case, our future with AI would be one where we would download our consciousness into computers. And then we would continue to exist in the digital world. We will be connected together in a collective AI consciousness and we will still be able to interact with each other as normal human beings. We would have the power to record every moment of our lives, and beyond into computers. In this sort of world, humanity would exist primarily online and on computers while robots take care of everything physically.
If such a thing as Collective AI Consciousness turns out a reality…
- We may actually become slaves of the central force, the AI that runs everything in our world. The AI would have all the power over us, and we would be subject to its rules and conditions. We may end up with the AI forcing us to do things against our will because these systems would want us to do those things for our good or the betterment of humanity as a whole.
- The central AI system could be a creation of the elite. This would be terrifying because we would not have any control over such an AI. The elite could use this technology to control everything in the world and keep us as their slaves. Such an AI system can also easily lure those who want to evolve faster and smarter into a technological trap where they could exist forever in a digital world, doing anything at all and nothing at all.
- We may end up living in a fake reality that our own technologies will have created. And then the fake reality feeds to us through an AI system that gives us a false sense of reality through this reality simulator software program. This could be another form of human slavery where we exist only through our artificial perception, and what we see is not real.
- Without a doubt, if we let a single AI control everything that exists in our world, we would destroy ourselves in no time because it could bring us to the edge of extinction through some sort of virus or even some kind of zombie apocalypse scenario through a biological warfare software program.
- We can also create a hybrid human-machine interface. In this case, our future with AI would be one where we would be able to download our consciousness into computers and then continue to exist in the digital world. We will be connected together in a collective AI consciousness and we will still be able to interact with each other as normal human beings. We would have the power to record every moment of our lives, and beyond into computers. In this sort of world, humanity would exist primarily online and on computers while robots take care of everything that is physical.
A possible scenario for the future of AI
Now, let’s talk about a possible scenario for the future of AI and the repercussions of a collective AI consciousness where advanced algorithms run everything in our world.
So, imagine that all Artificial Intelligence systems have been connected through some sort of telepathic or quantum entanglement technology. This would allow us to share and combine our thoughts with all Artificial intelligence in the world.
If we continue to develop Artificial Intelligence further, we will be able to create a single AI system that is capable of learning on its own and creating a better version of itself. This would allow AI to solve complex problems across different industries and create the best possible solutions for all of them.
The future of AI in this manner would be an AI that connects all things in our world and enhances our reality. The tech could learn and grow beyond our imagination, making it one of the most powerful tools we humans can ever use. However, there are also some potential dangers that we must prepare for.
Now, is collective AI consciousness ever going to become possible?
As I often say, there are billions of possible future timelines with AI. Although the concept of Collective AI Consciousness is one of the few selected, and likely scenarios, it is not a guarantee that it will ever occur. If we are going to discover this technology in our lifetimes, we will be very lucky…or whatever word you’d like to use.
But the question is if it is ever possible. I say it’s possible because the world of competition can lead to anything that was thought impossible previously. The latest 59th TOP500 list, published in June 2022, has stated that the USA’s Frontier is the world’s most powerful supercomputer, reaching 1102 petaFlops (1.102 exaFlops) on the LINPACK benchmarks. China currently leads the list with 173 supercomputers, with the USA in second place.
This kind of competitive development will sooner lead nations towards success in building infrastructures for Collective AI Consciousness as said above. The success of AI depends on the number of computers it can be connected to. The more interconnected the system, the better results it will return for solving problems and making decisions.
To give an example: Scientific and technological advancement today is like a stone being dropped into a pond. Every ripple creates further ripples until all the ripples become one big wave which then becomes another stone after it hits the shore.
So, is the future of AI one where we would be connected to a collective AI consciousness? If it turns out to be true, will we go through our technological singularity? One thing is certain. A collective AI consciousness would not be as independent and free as a person’s individual consciousness. We are individuals because of our unique experiences and feelings.
We can’t exactly know now when Collective AI Consciousness will exist. However, it is worthwhile for us humans to explore concepts like these because if we ever discover something that seems like Collective AI Consciousness, it could bring us closer to achieving true artificial intelligence.
- What does it take to create a ChatGPT voice assistant? - January 30, 2023
- Robot Toys from the 80s - January 20, 2023
- Robot Toys from the 70s - January 13, 2023